CHESS | REGULATIONS
FISU Mind Sports 2022 : Chess
- Classical : 9 round – 90’+30″
- Blitz : 9 rounds – 3’+2″
- Specific Tournament Regulations.
- The Chess tournaments shall be organized in accordance with the most recent technical regulations of the “Fédération Internationale des Échecs” (FIDE). In any dispute, the English text shall be regarded as authoritative.
- The program and duration of competitions are fixed by FISU in agreement with the Organizing Committee and the ITC WUC.
- The program of competitions shall last a minimum of six days and includes the following events:
- one men’s tournament (9 rounds): classical and one men’s Blitz tournament;
- one women’s tournament (9 rounds): classical and one women’s Blitz tournament;
- Two teams classifications shall be carried out jointly for men and women in classical games and in Blitz games.
- Each country is authorized to enter a maximum of thirteen persons: eight competitors and three officials.
- Each country may enter a maximum of eight competitors: a maximum of five men and three women, or five women and three men, or four women and four men.
- Only countries with three competitors or more, of whom at least one man and one woman, shall be taken into account for team classification.
- At the first General Technical Meeting, the Head of Delegation or his/her representative shall confirm and sign the official list of competitors accredited by the CIC.
- Individual classification shall be based on the total of points scored during the game. In case of a tie, the winner shall be determined according to the FIDE rules and the tournament rules applicable to the concerned Chess Championship.
- Team classification shall be based on the total of points scored in the individual tournament and on the three best scores of at least one man and one woman from the same country. If the number of men is equal or more than 1.5 times the number of women, team classification shall be based on the best results of two men and one woman. Similarly, if the number of women is equal or more than 1.5 times the number of men, team classification shall be based on the best results of two women and one man.
- In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be determined according to the FIDE rules. There are two competitions: Classical games (6 days) and Blitz games (1/2 day). The Blitz tournament is played over 9 rounds (one men’s tournament, one women’s tournament and one team classification. Teams are formed according to the same rules as in classical games. Only participants of classical games can register for the Blitz games.
The seeding is made according to the international ELO-rating. Players who do not have ELO-rating shall be placed at the bottom of the starting list in alphabetical order. The pairing of all rounds shall be made with the latest version of Swiss Chess Software “Swiss Manager”. This allows an easy publishing of the results and pairings on the website “chess-results”.
BRIDGE | REGULATIONS
FISU Mind Sports 2022 : Bridge
- The tournament will consist of a round robin format of 15 rounds.
- Each round is 16 boards. Allocated playing time: 120’/round + 10’ break
- WUC Mind Sports Bridge regulations.
- The Bridge competitions shall be organised in accordance with the most recent technical rules of the World Bridge Federation (WBF) unless otherwise stated. In case of disagreement in the interpretation of these rules, the English text shall be regarded as authoritative.
- The programme and duration of competitions are fixed by FISU in agreement with the Organizing Committee and the ITC WUC. The competitions shall last four days.
- For each tournament, each country is authorised to present three teams of six persons.
- Each country can register a delegation composed of a maximum of eighteen competitors and five officials.
- The event shall be disputed by teams of four players in a round robin competition, with the option to end with finals, depending on the number of registered teams.
- The OC shall provide the necessary hardware (“Bridgemates”) and software to broadcast the Championships online via “running scores” and BBO (“Bridge Base Online”). At least one match per round shall be broadcast via BBO.
The draw is done by computer software to determine the schedule of the Championship. In case of an odd number of teams, at each round, one team will receive a bye.
Please find below the list of participants to the WUC Mind Sports 2022 in Antwerp (update 7/9/2022)
- WUC Chess Men @ chess-results.com.
- WUC Chess Women @ chess-results.com.
- WUC Blitz Chess Men @ chess-results.com.
- WUC Blitz Chess Women @ chess-results.com.
Follow the WUC Bridge 2022 through the WUC Bridge tournament site.
Follow the WUC Mind Sports 2022 live!
- Bridge through BBO vugraph
- Chess through chess24.com